Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I am....

...a widow. But I do not want this word to define me for my entire life! I am blessed to be on these blogs. I know they are a place for widows and widowers to vent out their frustration on life. But how am I expected to be encouraged when some people write about how much harder life is 2 years later? Some even 15 years later? Is this that I have to look forward to? It gives me no hope that I will ever get the chance to have a life, and love again. People are making their deceased spouse cakes years down the road, they are celebrating anniversaries. I know that people do everything differently. This just seems extream. I am obviously different. I will never ever forget the most amazing man I ever married. His life will be forever carried on in his children. I will cry and mourn over his death for the rest of my life. But I know I have faith that I will see him again and he is waiting for me in eternity.

1 comment:

  1. Close your eyes and center yourself.
    Just for a few seconds.
    Breathe in.
    And out...
    Listen to the space that surrounds you.
    It's your Life, waiting to be LIVED BY YOU!
    Open your arms wide and embrace it.
    It belongs to you.
    Especially when you are sad.
    That is when it is calling you the most.
    Hear it.
    And start living it.

    I saw this post on "Second Firsts", a Facebook page I follow. Good advice there.

    ReplyDelete