Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Youre here...but youre not

Im sitting here this morning watching your little "mini me" drink the cereal milk from his bowl just like you did. Used to gross me out, now I just stare and watch him drink it. Its amazing how much he looks like you, and hes only 3. I cant imagine what he will look like as a teenager. He will be a heartbreaker for sure if he looks anything like you did. For the past week or so, he has said everyday, "I need my Dad. I love him 40 much!"  Cracked me up because I remember how we used to say, "I love you like, 56 today." The numbers had no meaning. There was no scale. But we would be amazed at each number we spouted out. Bryce just said 40 out of the blue. I did a double take, wondering how he picked that up. Funny kid. I know people say you are with me, within them, but how damned much I wish you were just with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment