Thursday, August 2, 2012

Infamous Status Update

I did it. I did it for me. Not for anyone else. I update my Facebook status. Dun... dun.. dun! What does this mean? It probably means more for me then most. What does it not mean? Again, probably more then more. For me, it means I have found someone amazing. I have found someone willing to come into this family with his whole heart and fantastic intentions. It means that he has accepted my ups and downs. It means more then he will ever know. What does it not mean? It does not mean I am done grieving. It does not mean that I am forgetting what I had with Steven and moving on with my life. I am not moving on. I am moving forward. He will forever be a part of this family and Travis has accepted him from day one. It is a complicated mess, one I never wish upon anyone. But it is also a reminder that there is hope. There is still love and passion in this world and there is still so much living to be had. I am grateful for this man willing to walk this journey with me and support me through it all and none the less, love me.

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie, I believe with all my heart that all Steven would want is for you to be happy! If this new man makes you happy and loves the boys, that's all that matters. Anyone who thinks otherwise didn't know Steven as well as they think they did. We love you and will support you in YOUR decision (no one else's!) to be happy and honor Steven in this way. :)
    Holly

    ReplyDelete